Artifact Perks, Ability changes, Exotic Armor changes, Armor Mod changes, Fireteam Finder beta details. They really saved all the new season info until the very last minute.
New Artifact Perks
- Anti-Barrier Sidearm
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon
- Unstoppable Bow
- Overload Auto Rifles
- Overload Pulse Rifle
- Flame, Fiber, and Freeze: Combines Solar/Strand and Solar/Stasis Siphon mods into one
- Kindling Trigger: Radiant causes Solar weapons to apply Scorch to unscorched combatants
- Blast Radius: Rapid final blows with Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers grant Armor Charge
- Origin Perk Specialization I: Improves the benefits provided by the Sundering, Nano-Munitions, and Nanotech Tracer Rocket Origin Traits. Weapons with these Origin Traits are also always overcharged.
- From Whence You Came: Increases ability damage to Taken and Scorn combatants.
- Flint Striker: Rapid Solar weapons precision hits and rapid Solar weapon final blows grant Radiant
- Torch: While radiant, deal increased weapon damage to combatants affected by Strand and Stasis debuffs
- Heart of the Flame: Casting your Solar Super grants nearby allies Radiant and increases the damage of your Super for each nearby ally
- Origin Perk Specialization II: Improves the benefits provided by the Noble Deeds, Unsated Hunger, Head Ruch, and Dragon's Vengeance Origin Traits. Weapons with these Origin Traits are also always overcharged.
- Wished Into Being: While your Super is nearly fully charged, ability final blows spawn Orbs of Power. Wearing Season of the Wish armor decreases Super amount threshold.
- Unravelling Orbs: Picking up an Orb of Power grants Strand weapons Unraveling Rounds
- Pillar of Ice: Killing an encased combatant spawn Stasis crystals.
- Revitalizing Blast: Causing damage with a Solar ability weakens Champions and bosses for a short duration
- Overload Rocket Launchers
- Dragon's Bite: Breaking a combatant's shield with a Strand or Stasis weapon has a chance to suspend or freeze that combatant. Weapons Season of the Wish armor increases this chance.
- Horde Shuttle: Damaging unraveled targets with a weapon occasionally spawns a Threadling
- Hail The Storm: Shattering encased targets and Stasis crystals deals increased damage. Shattering a Stasis crystal releases shards of ice that damage and slow targets.
- Rays of Precision: While radiant, Solar precision final blows cause combatants to ignite.
- Solo Operative: While you are the only member of your fireteam, you deal increased damage to all combatants.
- Argent Ordinance: Firing a Rocket launcher consumes one stack of Armor Charge, granting increased damage and reload speed until you reload or stow your Rocket Launcher.
- Ensuring that abilities (particularly those in our longer cooldown tiers) are meeting our intended cost-to-output ratio.
- Reducing cases of player survivability that exceed our power bar.
- Making first steps at Well of Radiance and Ward of Dawn tuning.
- Taking a tuning pass on Stasis abilities, with more to come in the future.
Ability Refund Tweaks
Currently, ability refunds are given with flat amount of cooldown percentage that doesn't scale with a specific ability's cooldown. This means that longer cooldown abilities benefit much more from cooldown refunds than smaller ones, and gives longer cooldown abilities much more uptime than intended for their potency.
- Ability refunds will now scale with the cooldown of an ability itself, down to a floor of 50% the previous value for the longest cooldown abilities.
- These changes will initially only effect grenade, melee, and class abilities. Additionally, perks that intentionally grant a full refund, or target a specific ability (like certain exotics) will also be unaffected. Their playtesting indicates that this will result in more of the intended variance between high and low cooldown abilities, but they don't expect (or want) anyone's build to disappear overnight.
Currently, in hard content, it is too easy to stay alive. This is due to effects like Woven Mail, Restoration, Cure, overshields, and more being much more common and easy to activate/reset. The following is an initial pass to bring survivability more in line:
- Woven Mail
- Reduced damage resistance vs PvE combatants 55% -> 45%
- Restoration x1
- PvE: 40hp/s -> 35hp/s
- PvP: 20hp/s -> 17.5hp/s
- Restoration x2
- PvE: 65hp/s -> 50hp/s
- PvP: 32.5hp/s -> 25hp/s
- Healing amount on activation and refresh reduced from a full heal to 100hp (unless Feed the Void is equipped)
- Now refills health and shield sections more smoothly, rather than adding health to each section separately
- Feed the Void
- Increased grenade energy regeneration per kill while devour is active, the amount varies based on type of target defeated.
- Now also improves the strength of Devour's heal when equipped.
Sprint and Slide Melees
In a previous update, they decided to remove the capability for any shoulder charge abilities to one shot players. However, currently players are still able to slide, fire their gun, then trigger a shoulder charge or slide melee, resulting in an extremely rapid kill on the target player. In order to prevent this from happening, they are making the following change:
- Sprint and Slide activated melees can no longer be activated after firing a weapon during a slide. Affects:
- Seismic Strike
- Shield Bash
- Hammer Strike
- Howl of the Storm
- Flechette Storm
- Lightning Surge
- Tempest Strike Additionally, Tempest Strike has been left a bit behind due to the potent synergy between Flow State and Lethal Current.
- Tempest Strike
- Increased base damage from 110 to 125
- Reworked tracking behavior to be more consistent at longer ranges
- Improved consistency when traveling over rough terrain
Bonk Hammer and Banner of War
Banner of War was released this season and jumped to the top of the aspect list for Titan players, currently equipped for nearly 20% of all Titan playtime this season, with its pair Into the Fray at 15%. They're happy with how the aspect supports the Berserker class fantasy and don't want to reduce its ability at maximum charge, but it's currently too easy to build up charge very quickly.
- Banner of War
- Increased the number of enemy defeats needed to level up the banner by approximately double, and increased the amount of time added per enemy defeat at each level to compensate
- Values depend on the type of target defeated
- Fixed an issue where unpowered Swords were being granted the damage boost from Banner of War. After the Solar 3.0 rework, Throwing Hammer was able to be paired with potent survivability tools, resulting in an incredibly strong pairing. The uptime of this ability is too high for its new potency. They don't want to make the ability refund less than full, but they will make the following changes to slow down uptime:
- Throwing Hammer
- When picked up, now returns melee energy over 1.4 seconds rather than instantly.
- Increased projectile tracking strength by about 20% Additionally, Sol Invictus makes sunspots too reliable of a safe haven. They want to make sure Sol Invictus is a reliable tool for moving from spot to spot, but don't want to let players in a dangerous position stay there for long.
- Sol Invictus
- Reduced maximum Sunspot duration from 20s -> 12s.
- Sunspot duration when no one is standing in it remains 5s.
Well of Radiance and Ward of Dawn
Well and Bubble were initially placed in the shortest cooldown tier during the super cooldown rework, due to their kill potential compared to burst or roaming damage supers. The game has changed since then though, and considering the changes to Trials, the cooldowns are too short.
- Well of Radiance and Ward of Dawn
- Base cooldown time increased 417s -> 455s Longer term, they are planning changes to Well and Bubble's place in the sandbox generally. They are currently too similar, and Well in particular does too much by giving effective invulnerability. No additional changes are coming in Season of the Wish, but they have a suite of changes planned to reduce Well's dominance in PvE and separate the two supers more. More details will be provided when they are closer to release.
Starting next season, they are making a number of quality-of-life changes to improve Stasis's reliability, and reevaluating some of the previous tuning changes made to Stasis with the goal of bringing it up to the current abilities power bar
- Increased Special ammo weapon damage bonus vs frozen targets 5% -> 10%
- Whisper of Hedrons
- Removed -10 Strength penalty.
- Whisper of Impetus
- Now provides +10 Resilience.
- Whisper of Shards
- No longer provides +10 Resilience.
- Whisper of Hunger
- Stat penalty changed from -10 Mobility and -10 Intellect to -20 Strength.
- Whisper of Bonds
- Removed -10 Discipline penalty.
- Withering Blade
- Increased projectile speed by 10%
- Increased maximum projectile lifetime by 10%
- Increased maximum bounce count from 2 to 3
- Increased tracking consistency
- Winter's Shroud
- Increased slow stacks applied to PvE combatants from 40 to 60.
- Increased slow duration applied to PvE combatants from 4s to 8s.
- Increased slow detonation size vs. PvE combatants from 8m to 9m.
- Shiver Strike
- Now slows players on hit, a behavior previously removed in Hotfix 22.214.171.124.
- Fixed an issue where Shiver Strike would not function with the Melee Kickstart armor mod.
- Glacial Quake
- Now freezes nearby players on cast, a behavior previously removed in Hotfix 126.96.36.199.
- On-cast freeze impulse size vs. players has been reduced from 8m to 6m.
- Howl of the Storm
- Fixed an issue where Howl of the Storm was not consistently freezing targets in contact with the created Stasis crystals.
- Significantly increased consistency against fast-moving targets.
- This change involved reworking how this ability applies freeze to targets, reducing the latency between when the ability is activated and when the target is actually frozen.
- Freeze detonation size vs. PvE combatants increased from 8m to 8.5m.
- Significantly increased consistency against fast-moving targets.
- Penumbral Blast
- Increased detonation size when impacting environment from 1.5m to 2m
- Glacier Grenade
- Reduced base cooldown time from 152 seconds to 121 seconds.
- The cooldown penalties for Duskfield Grenade and Coldsnap Grenade when Bleak Watcher is equipped have also been updated, so that their cooldown times match the new Glacier Grenade cooldown time.
- Coldsnap Grenade
- Fixed an issue where the seeker was not consistently created in the direction the projectile was moving after a bounce.
- Increased arming shape size from 0.9m to 1.4m.
- Tracking strength now ramps down from full strength to 0 over the course of the grenade's lifetime, rather than immediately turning off after the seeker had reached 0.5s lifetime.
Long Term Changes
- To address feedback around survivability while running Stasis, they are working on a new Stasis keyword tentatively called Frost Armor.
- Additional tuning changes and reworks to existing Stasis Fragments
- Adding additional behavior to the Harvest Aspects
Exotic Armor Changes
- Shards of Galanor
- Throwing Knife kills now grant Super energy ranging between +2.5% and +5% depending on the type of enemy killed
- Ophidia Spathe
- Knife kills now grant a stacking damage bonus (30%/60%/100% for 5 seconds) to throwing knives. Dodging refreshes the duration
- Removed requirement to have full class ability energy to benefit from the movement bonuses
- Reduced the airborne lateral acceleration bonus
- Now provides damage resistance against combatants (in PvE) while airborne
- Mechaneer's Tricksleeves
- The Sidearm damage bonus now persists for 5 seconds after your shields begin to recharge.
- Sidearm kills extend the damage bonus' duration by 3 seconds and completely reload your Sidearm from reserves
- The damage bonus has been reduced in PvP to compensate for it lasting longer. Now 10% Sidearm damage bonus, down from 35%
- The Bombardiers
- Now applies 20 slow stacks to enemy players and 40 slow stacks to PvE combatants
- Triton Vice
- Increased Glaive melee damage bonus while surrounded to +100% for both PvE and PvP (up from 30% in PvE and 10% in PvP).
- Celectial Nighthawk
- Precision kills now grant Super energy ranging between +1.5% and +4.5% depending on target type killed.
- Severance Enclosure
- Increased size and damage of the explosion
- Kills with the Exotic's explosion now trigger an additional explosion
- Peregrine Greaves
- Now have to be airborne for a brief time before the Exotic effects apply
- Damaging Champions, Tormentors, or mini-bosses with a shoulder charge deals further increased damage and refunds your melee energy.
- Wormgod Caress
- The Burning Fist Exotic effect has been reworked, it is now a meter that increases with melee kills and finishers and decays over time.
- The meter has 5 sections which provide escalating melee and Glaive melee damage bonuses, the upper end of the meter also provides escalating weapon damage bonuses.
- As the meter decays, it passes back through the earlies tiers rather than deactivating immediately. The meter decays more quickly the more full it is.
- Ashen Wake
- Fusion Grenade impacts now stun Unstoppable Champions
- Removed extended melee lunge distance
- Now improves weapon handling and reload speed while surrounded
- Reduced PvP surrounded melee damage bonus 200% -> 165%
- Increased Glaive melee bonus 50% -> 100%
- Precious Scars
- Kills with weapons matching your subclass now apply Restoration Tier 1 for 1.5s in PvP and 3s in PvE
- Ballidorse Wrathweavers
- Now when you cast a Frostpulse rift, nearby allies gain a Tier 2 Stasis Surge weapon bonus for 10s in PvE and 5s in PvP. They also gain a 50hp overshield.
- The stasis damage bonus provided to allies by the Winter's Wrath Shockwave is now a Tier 4 Stasis Surge weapon bonus. When your Winter's Wrath ends, you gain the Tier 4 Stasis Surge weapon bonus as well.
- Apotheosis Veil
- Casting your Super now grants Cure Tier 3 for you and nearby allies
- After your super ends, you now temporarily gain greatly increased melee and grenade regen for 8s
- Felwinter's Helm
- Moved the size of the weakening burst and duration of weaken up one tier against all targets, except for boss finishers, which retains the maximum size and duration.
- Karnstein Armlets
- Melee kills now grant Cure T3 and Restoration T1 for 8s
- Finishers now grant Cure T3 and Restoration T2 for 8s
- Sect of Force
- Rapid precision hits provide quicker reload and weapon swap speeds, and the bonus now lasts for 10s (up from 6s)
- No longer grants bonus melee, grenade, or Super energy on stunning a Champion or defeating a boss or miniboss. Instaed, stunning a champion or rapid precision hits against Champions, elites, or minibosses will mark them for you allies
- Allies deal 20% more damage to marked targets
- When a target is first marked, nearby Aeon cult allies who do not have the Sect of Force role equipped gain grenade and melee energy
- Sect of Insight
- Nearby Aeon cult allies who do not have the Sect of Insight role equipped no longer gain a bonus to weapon damage for a short time. Instead, they gain a burst of Super energy
- Sect of Vigor
- Now provides damage resistance against combatants when an ally dies or is resurrected, in addition to the existing class ability energy.
- When you cast your Super, nearby allies no longer gain a burst of healing or an overshield. Instead, nearby critically wounded allies gain damage resistance from combatants as long as they stay near you. Nearby Aeon cult allies who do not have the Sect of Vigor role equipped will also recover class ability energy more quickly.
Armor Mod Changes
- Heavy Handed, Firepower, and Reaper
- Now has a 10s cooldown for generating an Orb of Power
- Reaper also requires a kill be secured within 10s of using your class ability
- Melee, Grenade, and Utility Kickstart
- Now provides between 15% and 45% ability energy and requires at least a single armor charge be consumed
- Momentum Transfer, Bolstering Detonation, Impact Induction, and Focusing Strike
- Now provide 12%/17%/20% ability energy for 1/2/3 stacks respectively, and require a powered melee attack
- Outreach, Bomber, and Distribution
- Outreach and Bomber now provide 12%/17%/20% ability energy
- Distribution now provides 4%/6%/7% ability energy
- Energy provided is further reduced based on the cooldown of the class ability used, with the shortest cooldowns reducing it by 60%.
Fireteam Finder Beta
This info was published in a separate post here, but I'll summarize it here for convenience.
They've made a lot of progress on Fireteam Finder, and are at the point where they are ready to do some initial tests during the next Season. They want to run these tests without disrupting the experience of the season or dungeon launch. In accordance with this, they will run two tests, one just for raids on November 30, from 9AM to 5PM PST. The other test will begin in December, pending the first test's results. The full release of the Fireteam Finder is targeting late January.
You will be able to access the Fireteam Finder either through the Roster tab in the director, or the Fireteam Finder access point on every activity's launch screen.
Both the website and the Companion app will remain available until the new Fireteam Finder, both in and out of game, is ready. The Fireteam Finder will launch with a new out of game version that will integrate with the in game version, but this won't be available during the early beta period.
- Text Chat filtering is being improved. The "Allow Profanity" toggle will remain, but may be temporarily overridden while they are rolling out the improvements. Initially the filter system will filter language but not affect accounts, however Bungie may manually act on behavior that violates the Code of Conduct.
- The cutscene archive has been updated with the following cutscenes:
- They posted a catch-up lore video to show important story moments from the Light and Darkness Saga, to catch you up for the next season and The Final Shape
- Lightfall and other content packs are up to 67% off on all platforms until November 28
- Starting November 24, the Bungie Store will have its biggest sale of the year, and relaunching limited quantities of previously retired Bungie Rewards. All orders to the 48 contiguous US states, EU, and UK will have $7 flat rate shipping. The deals end on December 1 at 9PM PST. Any purchases during the sale will earn the Darkstar emblem, shown below. Additionally the new Wishing Well emblem will be available for purchases made on November 24 and later during Season of the Wish, also shown below.
- Vendor engrams held at Shaxx, Zavala, Saladin, Saint-14, and Drifter will reset at the end of the season, so use them before then. Engrams held at HELM vendors will not be reset and will exist until the content is removed upon The Final Shape launch.
- The Jumpmaster emote will be available in the Eververse store until the end of Season 22. All profits from this emote are being split between Team Rubicon and the Bungie Foundation. Read more about their collaboration with Team Rubicon on this page.
- New Prime Gaming items are available at the usual place here.