Lightfall Unofficial Patch Notes
Everything Bungie didn't mention that was added in the expansion.
This post will serve as a space to document all the new stuff added to the game that bungie never talked about. This works well as a supplement to Bungie's own patch notes. This post will be updated as more things are discovered, so check back often!
- Field-Tested (rolls on a handful of new trials, iron banner, and other legendary weapons): Defeating targets or dealing damage with this weapon gradually increases range, stability, handling, and reload speed. Swords gain increased charge rate and guard resistance.
- Nanotech Tracer Rockets (Neomuna weapons): Landing multiple hits turns your next shot into a homing micro-rocket.
- Noble Deeds (Seasonal weapons): This weapon gains charges after assisting allies with revives, healing, overshields, or subclass buffs. Defeating targets consumes charges. While charged, this weapon gains bonus handling and reload speed, or charge rate for Swords.
- Destabilizing Rounds (Void): Final blows cause nearby targets to become volatile.
- Envious Assassin: Rapidly defeating targets with other weapons before drawing this one transfers ammo to the magazine from reserves. This effect can overflow the magazine based on the number of targets defeated.
- Hatchling (Strand): Precision final blows or rapidly defeating targets with a non-precision weapon spawns a Threadling at the target's location.
- Keep Away: Increased reload, range, and accuracy when no combatants are in close proximity.
- Kinetic Tremors (Kinetic): Sustained kinetic damage to a target emits a shockwave that damages any nearby targets.
- Replenishing Aegis (Glaives): Blocking damage partially reloads this weapon from reserves.
- Valiant Charge (Swords): Receiving damage while guarding temporarily increases Sword lunge distance.
- Verglas Curve (Season Pass Exotic)
- Stasis Primary Bow
- Hail Barrage: Final blows with this weapon grant Stasis arrows. Your next hip-fire shot will fire all of them in a single volley.
- Hail Storm: Stasis arrows freeze targets on contact and create Stasis crystals when affecting the environment.
- Catalyst Shiver Quiver: "Freezing a target grants this weapon faster draw speed for a short period of time.
- Final Warning ("The Final Stand" Exotic Quest)
- Strand Kinetic Sidearm
- All at Once: Holding down the trigger marks targets within range and loads multiple bullets, which fire in a burst with increased stability on trigger release. Hitting a marked target with a fully charged burst will unravel them.
- Pick Your Poison:
- Hipfiring: Projectiles will track marked targets, dealing increased body shot damage on impact.
- Aiming: Projectiles have greatly increased velocity and deal extra critical hit damage to marked targets.
- Winterbite (Strider Exotic Quest)
- Big Frigid Glaive: Fires a large ball of energy that locks onto nearby targets and freezes them.
- Tilting at Windmills: Blocking damage with your shield increases movement speed while shielding.
- Deterministic Chaos ("What Remains" Exotic Quest)
- Heavy Metal: While holding down the trigger, every fourth bullet becomes a heavy projectile that weakens targets on impact.
- Vexadecimal: While holding down the trigger, every fourth Heavy Metal projectile also makes targets volatile on impact.
- Swarmers (Legs): Destroying a Tangle spawns a Threadling. Your Threadlings unravel targets that they damage.
- Ballidorse Wrathweavers (Arms): Your Winter's Wrath Shockwave deals increased shatter damage. Allies in range of your Shockwave gain an overshield and increased damage with Stasis weapons.
- Cyrtarachne's Facade (Helmet): Gain Woven Mail when activating grapple. Increased flinch resistance while Woven Mail is active.
- Speedloader Slacks (Legs): Dodging boosts reload speed, handling, and airborne effectiveness for you and nearby allies. While the buff is active, final blows and additional dodges increase the buff strength and refresh the timer. Maxes out at 5 stacks.
- Abeyant Leap (Legs): Drengr's Lash spawns two additional projectiles, tracks targets more aggressively, and travels farther. Gain Woven Mail when suspending targets.
- Cadmus Ridge Lancecap (Helmet): Diamond Lances create Stasis crystals on impact when thrown, with more crystals created by hitting bosses and vehicles. While using a Stasis subclass and behind your rally barricade, rapid precision hits and combatant final blows with a Stasis weapon creates a Diamond Lance near you.
- Head to light.gg to find a list of all new weapons, along with their perks and stats.
Seasonal Legendary Armor
Season Pass Armor
- Enemies in the three core patrol zones in Neomuna are generally 1650.
- Enemies in the offshoot zones are 1730.
- Enemies in Neomuna Lost Sectors are 1760.
Vex Incursion Zone
- One of the Neomuna zones is labeled the Vex Incursion Zone. This zone has vex spawning, and most gear sources will also drop Strand Meditations, which are used to purchase Strand aspects, fragments, etc.
- Also drops Exotic Gear, labeled "Vex Strike Force". Unsure what this is referring to.
- This zone will likely rotate between all Neomuna zones weekly.
- The zone has a special public event called Supernumary Blitz, where the enemies are 1780.
- One of the Neomuna zones has a Terminal Overload bubble next to it. This is a public event style activity, that can either be played in patrol, or with a dedicated matchmaking node.
- Appears to have multiple stages.
- Likely will rotate through the other Neomuna zones, as the current bubble has the zone's name in the label.
- Enemies are 1810.
- Don't know much more about it, need to power level first.
Season of Defiance
- First row of vendor upgrades create an effect in the battlegrounds where killing enemies with certain weapons will cause certain buffs to drop, depending on the upgrade.
- Acquiring more components of Strand will require Strand Meditations, which can be obtained by using Strand in any activity, completing activities on Neomuna, and will drop more rapidly in the Vex Incursion Zone.
- Mod effects now have special icons in the buff bar
- Remember to pick up the new Light subclass fragments from Ikora!