Getting ready for Crota!
Crota's End Contest Mode
- Contest Mode will be enabled for 48 hours.
- You will need to be 1790 to be at the power level limit for all encounters
- Because this is a reprised raid, two clears will be required: a clear of the raid as it is played normally, and a "Challenge Mode" clear where all encounter challenges are enabled and required to clear the encounter (you will wipe if you fail the challenge)
- In order to increase the difficulty of Contest Mode, they are making the following changes to contest mode:
- Increased the cap of player outgoing damage vs combatants. The cap for incoming damage is unchanged.
- Some enemies will gain elemental shields
- All enemies will be more aggressive than previous contest mode.
Seasonal Flashback Cosmetics
- Later this season, a selection of cosmetic items from previous season passes will be brought to Eververse.
- To start with, these will be available for weeks 4, 5, and 6 this season, and will feature a handful of items from Season of the Worthy.
- They're accepting feedback on their Twitter account on which items people would like to see come back in the same way in the future
- New home page of the quests tab
- The amount of quests shown on the page varies by how active the player is, if they're brand new (or returning after a long break) only 1 or 2 active quests will be highlighted. For active players, multiple ongoing quests should be highlighted.
- You can now launch directly into quest activities or landing zones from the quest inspection screen.
- If you're a content creator and want to work with bungie, they're accepting applications here
- Check out the new community emblems here, earnable by being chosen to be features in a TWID post:
Movie of the Week
Art of the Week
- Check out our summary of the 2023 showcase here
- They talk through the new Strand aspects in the blog, but I would recommend just logging in and trying them yourself, the in game descriptions are self explanatory, and all of them seem very strong.
- Favoriting finishers is now deprecated, now all finishers in the finisher inventory will be cycled through randomly when doing a finisher. To remove a finisher from rotation, dismantle it from the inventory. To add a new one in, claim it from collections in Flair -> Finishers.
- Steam will be ending support for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 on January 1 2024. When this happens, Destiny 2 will no longer function on these operating systems, along with all other Steam games and Steam itself. Anyone still on these operating system versions should update before the new year.