This content contains datamined or leaked info about the game. If you'd like to see it anyway, enable spoiler mode using the eye button in the sidebar.
Lightfall Slide Deck Leak
A "sneak" preview of upcoming changes, Season 21, and the power level rework.
Before I dive in, since this is the first post explicitly about a leak on this site, I want to explain the approach we'll have on this site when it comes to leaks. First off, as you already saw if you're reading this, leaks and datamines are opt-in only. If you don't have "spoiler mode" on, everything will be blurred out even if you accidentally take a peek. Hopefully that's enough to make sure that people who don't want to see this stuff won't see it. Second, I only plan on covering leaks where I personally feel that the leak seems to have established a fair bit of credibility, probably only by having at least one point of corroboration with materials Bungie officially releases. I tend to be very skeptical about leaks as a baseline, so don't expect them to show up here that much, unless I really feel like they are probably legitimate.
These leaks here come from "Freezing Dart" in the Destiny News Network discord server. They published these from their own sources, which of course they did not name. I personally saw these leaks covered by the BungieLeaks twitter account, as posted by my clanmates. Some of the slides from the leaked powerpoint were made available earlier in the season, and they correctly outlined changes coming to primary weapons (I won't include those in this post because they exactly match the changes in the 3/30 TWAB), exotic weapons, crucible, and other smaller details. After so much corroboration, I can only assume that all of the slides shown are real, but of course there's always a chance that some are fake among the legitimate ones.
It's also worth considering that these slides appear to have been made and presented internally at Bungie sometime after Season of Plunder, and before Lightfall's launch. That means that the further out something is listed as coming, the more likely it is to change before we see it in the actual game.
EDIT: As additional confirmation, Bungie on Twitter appears to have implicitly confirmed that the leaks originally were sourced from a content creator who had access to a content creator summit, lending the leaks even more credibility.
With all of that out of the way, here's what we know:
Exotic Armor Changes
- Sealed Ahamkara Grasps: Powered melee kills reload the magazine of all weapons that match your subclass. Increased movement speed and jump height while the airborne effectiveness boost is active.
- Raiju's Harness: Deactivating your arc staff early creates a blinding explosion and grants a buff that increases Arc weapon damage.
- Damage Bonus: PvP: 5%, PvE: 15%
- Athrys' Embrace: Rapid precision hits grant Weighted Knife energy until fully recharged
- Oathkeeper: Bow charges can be held indefinitely and grant a bonus to damage against combatants the longer the charge is held.
- Stomp335: Activates with full Dodge energy only. Remove the AE penalty.
- Mask of Bakris: Increases the damage bonus in PvE from 10% to 25%, and in PvP enable the damage bonus at 7%. The damage bonus no longer stacks with surge mods.
- Vesper of Radius: Rifts now emit an arc shockwave every 3s that deals 200 pve and 70 pvp damage. If these shockwaves kill an enemy, they explode at a delay for 100 damage. When arc subclass is equipped, both effects apply blind.
- Chromatic Fire: Precision final blows with your Kinetic weapon create an explosion that damages and applies status effects in the element of your subclass.
- Dawn Chorus: Your Daybreak projectiles cause targets to scorch on impact, and deal increased damage to targets that are scorched.
- Ophidian Aspect: Remove melee range extension
- Astrocyte Verse: Blink further and more frequently, leaving behind a burst of Void damage that also suppresses.
- Sanguine Alchemy: Gives a small damage bonus to weapons that match your subclass when standing in a rift
- Claws of Ahamkara: Gain an additional melee charge. Powered melee kills spawn an Orb of Power.
- Starfire Protocol: Reduce the amount of grenade energy granted per trigger down to 5% from 20%. This means you will get one grenade charge back every 8 seconds, instead of every 2 seconds.
- Mantle of Battle harmony: Change to non-stacking damage buff.
- Dunemarchers: Reduced chain damage range from 20m to 12m. Reduced chain pvp damage from 85 to 50.
- Point Contact Cannon Brace: Strikes added by this exotic now jolt targets as well. PvE damage from 50 to 200. Being amplified now increases the damage of the lightning strikes by 50%. Amplified no longer increases the range of lightning strikes.
- Second Chance: Gain a second Shield Throw charge, which will now weaken. When stunning a barrier champion with Shield Throw, regain the charge.
- Stronghold: After blocking damage with the sword, gain restoration on damaging an enemy.
- Eternal Warrior: Arc kills grant an escalating bonus to arc weapon damage. After Fists of Havoc ends, gain the highest bonus to arc weapon damage.
- Khepri's Horn: Solar kills recharge your barricade, the solar blast from it now scorches enemies.
- Path of Burning Steps: no longer stacks with Surge mods.
Exotic Weapon Changes
- Salvation's Grip: Charged shot forms six crystals in a bowling pin formation. Uncharged shot shoots a normal grenade that shatters nearby crystals.
- Eyes of Tomorrow: Killing 4 targets in one volley refunds 1 ammo.
- Graviton Lance: Increased rate of fire to match revision zero's two-burst (22% decrease to burst delay). Reduce the difference in damage between the two shots.
- Tommy's Matchbook: Catalyst updated so that while overheated, sustained fire scorches targets, every 5 shots applies 14 (+7 with fragment) scorch.
- Tarrabah: Reduced ravenous beast energy on taking damage from 3% to 1%, reduced zoom from 16 to 15.
- NOTE: This is one of the details that was included in the leak, and then corroborated by the 3/30 TWAB.
- Worldline Zero: Tesseract can be chained into itself once. Damage from each sprinting heavy attack reduced slightly (total damage from the combo is still increased significantly).
- Sweet Business: Every 20 bullets now fires an explosive round, fewer bullets required when fully spun up.
- Legend of Acrius: Total ammo increased from 12 to 15 (16?), projectile distance increased from 9m to 12m.
- And more assorted tuning!
- the slide says this
- Titan seems to be back
- Dungeon will be on Titan
- Last Wish will get refreshed like Deep Stone Crypt did, will get new rolls, an origin trait, and will become craftable.
- Braytech Osprey, Loaded Question, and Randy's Throwing Knife will return as reprised ritual weapons for Nightfall, Nightfall, and Crucible respectively.
- Themed after oceanic dive equipment
- Stasis wave frame breech grenade launcher
- NOTE: this will be the first and only wave frame GL in the kinetic slot
- Solar rapid-fire glaive
- NOTE: this would be a new glaive frame
- Solar aggressive submachine gun
- Stasis aggressive rocket launcher
- Origin Trait: Restoration Ritual - Reviving allies or killing enemies with finishers reloads this weapon and readies an emergency reload for the next time this weapon runs out of ammo.
Seasonal Taken Weapons
- Themed after the reckoning weapons, but made to be taken versions
- Stasis aggressive submachine gun
- Strand rapid-fire pulse rifle
- Stasis rapid-fire sniper
- Strand rapid-fire shotgun
- Void aggressive hand-cannon
- Strand vortex sword
- Origin Trait: Unsated Hunger - Increased handlingk, reload speed, and stability when no abilities are fully charged. Swords gain increased guard resistance and charge rate instead.
Seasonal Reckoning Weapons
- Listed as coming from the Seasonal Activity
- Bug-Out Bag SMG
- Last Man Standing shotgun
- Sole Survivor sniper rifle
- Spare Rations hand cannon
- Outlast pulse rifle
- Just in Case sword
- Unexpected Resurgence, Arc adaptive glaive
- NOTE: this detail was corroborated by the 4/6 TWAB today.
- 3rd column: Auto-Loading Holster, Feeding Frenzy, Subsistence, Tilting at Windmills, Shot Swap, Feedback Shield, Thresh
- 4th column: Rampage, Surrounded, Vorpal Weapon, Frenzy, Impulse Amplifier, Unstoppable Force, Close to Melee.
- In the slides, these changes are listed as "currently", so be aware some of these might be pushed back, reworked, or cancelled..
- Transmats will become unlocks (like shaders)
- Raid/Dungeon rotator gets a special director icon
- Shoot to Loot works on Orbs of Power
- NOTE: this was another detail corroborated by the "Reflecting on Lightfall" blog post this week.
- The new Exotic Rotator will be the best place to complete your Exotic Cipher
- Lobby Balancing in Crucible
- More spawning updates on more maps
- Loadout upgrades
Buff/Debuff Status UI Rework
- This picture is provided without context in the slide deck.
- There is a large "Early Exploration" notice at the top left of the picture, and it's clearly just a concept photo shopped together from a random in-game screenshot, so bare in mind the details might change.
- Currently in the game, there's only space in the buff/debuff UI element for 4 effects, so it can be pretty crowded and important effects can sometimes not be shown due to being cut off.
- This new rework seems to split effects by their source and priority, with effects coming from weapons and armor being shown in the bottom right, effects relating to subclasses showing near the super bar, effects from the activity itself and your fireteam being where effects currently are, and "high-priority" effects being shown directly below the health bar.
Power Level Rework
- An additional warning that, that this slide deck was likely shown sometime during Season of Plunder or Season of the Seraph, and they've explicitly said the power rework would not be coming until The Final Shape, and even that the form of the rework would be influenced by experiments during Lightfall. These details are very far from final, any and all of them could change.
- Power will become a single, account wide value
- Power is earned via "challenges" and XP
- Players can ignore power level for most activities, and can enter any activity at any level.
- Players no longer need to infuse gear, and can freely switch gear between characters
- "Fireteam power" lets players jump right in to activities with friends, implying that a fireteam's power level will be set to the highest power level of all the fireteam members.
- Weekly and seasonal challenges grant whole power levels depending on difficulty (+1, +2, +3)
- Can also earn power levels by earning XP, you'll get +1 power level every 250k XP, which is deliberately high to try and encourage engaging with challenges
Did we miss anything? Let us known on Twitter or in the #tips channel on our Discord.