TWAB - 03/23/2023
On Friday, we all learned of the tragic news of Lance Reddick’s passing at the age of 60. As the voice of Commander Zavala—the stalwart commander of the Vanguard—Lance brought to life a character who has become virtually synonymous with Destiny itself. For nearly a decade, Guardians around the world have found purpose and comfort in Zavala’s presence, bolstered by that unmistakable voice, so full of strength, serenity, and nobility.
The tributes that have poured in for Lance have been overwhelming; from endless heartfelt messages on social media to impromptu gatherings of respect in Zavala’s corner of the Tower, overlooking the Last City. As an actor, musician, gamer, and family man, the passion Lance brought to the things he loved was reflected in the eyes and hearts of all who loved him.
For now, we will honor his presence through his performances yet to come in the game, and in the memories that will last us a lifetime. We are deeply saddened by his passing but so thankful for the time we spent together, and our thoughts are with his friends and loved ones.
Thank you for everything, Lance. We will miss you.
Master RoN and RoN Changes
- RoN Master mode and raid challenges start next Tuesday (3/28).
- One challenge is available every week, cycling through every encounter in order.
- Adept weapons earned from RoN Master mode will be enhanceable via the new enhancement system when that is released in the mid-Season patch
- They're also making two changes to RoN
- Currently, there is an issue with Nezarec where he doesn't always respond to players when they are standing in a Well of Radiance. They'll be fixing this in a future update. Generally they like to avoid making dramatic tuning changes to activities once they are released, but in this case they felt it would address the responsiveness of the boss, accepting that it might alter current strategies and increase the level of challenge.
- There is an issue where the jump pads in the 2nd encounter and during parkour sections where players with high framerates (above 80 fps, not below 60 fps) could be unintentionally killed or almost killed by using the jump pads. This will be addressed in an upcoming release.
Guardian Rank Updates
- They've pushed the Legend and Master Lost Sector objectives back one rank each (rank 7 to rank 8, rank 9 to rank 10).
- Combined with the previous reduction to Commendation objectives, the changes will make for a smoother progression path for everyone through the ranks.
- They're working on a broader "rank remix" in the near future to improve the process even further.
- Acknowledged Issues
- Certain Heavy weapon archetypes are not benefitting from equipping a third reserve mod.
- Commendations are greyed out as already given in some activities.
- Yesterday they released a blog post detailing their plans for Crucible, Comp, and Trials over the year. Read our summary of that here.